How Does Alcohol Affect the Brain?
In this article we will look at how alcohol affects the human brain. Many people want joy and fun and start drinking more often than the norm. If you don’t have enough fun, go to the BetAmo Casino. And we are starting.
Harmful Substances Contained in Popular Alcoholic Beverages
Knowing the composition of most alcoholic beverages, it becomes clear why their use is dangerous for health and life.
- Ethyl alcohol. Overdose leads to loss of consciousness and death.
- The female hormone phytoestrogen. Disrupts the functions of the reproductive system in both men and women.
- Fusel oils. They provoke stomach ulcers, impotence, blindness, liver diseases.
- Cobalt. Accumulations in the body lead to dangerous pathologies of the heart and gastrointestinal tract.
- The toxin is N-nitrosodimethylamine. Destroys the liver.
- Orthophosphoric acid (E338). Destroys bones, teeth, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract.
- Sodium benzoate (E211). Causes gastritis, pancreatitis, asthma, psoriasis, ulcers, urticaria.
- Biogenic amines. They provoke convulsions, vomiting, diarrhea.
It is also important to know how alcohol negatively affects the human brain. Alcohol has the most negative effect on this organ.
How Does Alcohol Affect the Brain and Brain Vessels?
Ethyl alcohol destroys the structure of brain cells. Only 100 grams of alcohol-containing compounds, as well as wine and beer, destroy up to 8 thousand neurons, in place of which a void is formed. Under the influence of alcohol, blood vessels narrow, red blood cells stick together, which causes blood clots to form. Due to a violation of blood circulation, nerve endings and cells in the cerebral cortex experience oxygen starvation and eventually die off.
Dementia and dementia develop, coordination of movements is disrupted, memory, visual and hearing acuity deteriorate, cognitive abilities weaken, intelligence decreases. Therefore, in an alcohol-dependent person, we observe a change in behavioral reactions, incoherent speech, inadequate actions, aggression. This is all the result of those negative processes that occur in the cerebral cortex and nervous system.
How to Restore the Brain After Alcohol?
Understanding what harm alcohol does to the brain, it is reasonable to ask the question, is it possible to help a person who has decided to embark on the path of rehabilitation?
The resumption of intellectual abilities and the former functions of brain cells is a strictly individual process, it is impossible to predict its outcome. A lot depends on genetics, age, starting skills, alcohol experience, physical health.
After long-term dependence on alcoholism, rehabilitation therapy basically includes:
- The course of treatment with thiamine.
- Restoration of metabolic processes.
- Regeneration of the central nervous system.
- Special self-development programs.
- Active physical activity and a balanced diet.
How Long Does Full Brain Recovery Take
Therapy takes at least a year, a maximum of 5-6 or more years. It all depends on age, duration and dose of administration, general health, metabolism, heredity and gender.
Since it will take quite a long time to restore brain cells after a long intake of alcohol, a person needs to be patient, completely exclude alcoholic beverages from his life, start a healthy lifestyle, eat right, do not ignore physical and intellectual stress, uncompromisingly follow the doctor’s prescription.